The “Mill of Performing Arts” is a model festival held in “Mylos Pappa”, a renovated, historical, industrial building in Larissa, dedicated to contemporary performing and audiovisual arts. It was initiated and organised for the first time in 2014 by SMouTh, in cooperation with the Culture & Sciences Department of the Municipality of Larissa, having as a main objectives to highlight the area of the Mill as a stadium of contemporary, youth, cultural development and to introduce the various forms of contemporary performing arts and media to the local audiences.
This year, the festival took place from September 24th to 27th, at “Mylos Pappa” with an attendance of about 5.000 people.
In the framework of the press conference of the festival, held in September 23rd, the Artistic Director of SMouTh Costas Lamproulis, being also the artistic director of the festival, had the chance to introduce the project “ArtS” to the press conference participants, the journalists and the media. Other people participating to the press conference, representing the partners of the festival were:
- Panos Sapkas, Vice Mayor, deputy of Culture and Sciences of the City of Larissa
- Gregoris Papacharalampous, President of the Regional Council of Thessaly representing the Region of Thessaly
- Giorgos Voulgarakis, Artistic Director of the candidacy of Larissa for European Capital of Culture 2021
- Vassilis Chatzikamayan, representing the program Europe Direct
- Chrysa Voulgaraki, Director of the French Institute of Larissa
During the next four days, SMouTh’s member and volunteers distributed around 800 leaflets of ArtS disseminating the project’s aims and activities directly to the audiences of the festival.